PrimeCare’s Site is not intended for minors under 18 years of age without parent or guardian supervision. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age or in the presence of a parent or legal guardian.
PrimeCare strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. This includes ensuring our Site is accessible. PrimeCare is continually improving compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1). If you require assistance or you would like to report an accessibility issue, please call our office at 540-786-1200 or you may e-mail email@example.com
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you visit PrimeCare’s websites and mobile applications, no personal information—such as your name, date of birth or telephone number —is collected, unless you provide us with that information voluntarily, such as when you complete an online form.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
If you choose to provide us with personal information by completing a form on the Site, emailing us, or calling the phone number for agents listed on the Site, we will use that personal information to (i) respond to your question or request, (ii) communicate with you about our health care plans via email, and (iii) send information to you.
Do We Disclose Any Personal Information to Outside Parties?
Disclosures to Third Parties Assisting in Operations
PrimeCare may share your personal information under confidentiality agreements with other companies that work with, or on behalf of, PrimeCare to provide products and services. These companies may use your personal information to assist PrimeCare in its operations. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
Disclosures Under Special Circumstances
We may provide information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We believe it is necessary to share information to investigate, prevent or act regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Secure Website Services
Certain online services are available to patients of PrimeCare using secured methods such as Patient Portal, online forms, or secure mobile applications. When using such secure services, you may disclose personal information to PrimeCare. PrimeCare may collect your personal information for the following:
- The secured service may require a password to log in before accessing information, thus you may need to provide certain personal information so that PrimeCare may verify your identity;
- To use and share your personal information to provide you with your healthcare benefits or other products and services; and
- To respond to requests via email or any type of communication provided via the secure services.
PrimeCare complies with the applicable requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Patients of PrimeCare should read the applicable Notice of Privacy Practices, which explains in more detail how we use and disclose your protected health information. For a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices, please click here.
PrimeCare complies, as applicable, with other federal and state laws and regulations governing confidentiality and security of your information. Any uses or disclosures of your information will be made in compliance with applicable federal and state law restrictions.
Users of PrimeCare’s services understand that the confidentiality of personal information is protected by federal and state law. By using PrimeCare secure website services, you represent to PrimeCare that you are either (i) the individual to whom this account pertains, or (ii) legally authorized under applicable law to receive health care information regarding, and to make healthcare decisions for, the individual to whom this account pertains (for example, as the parent, legal guardian, or legal custodian of such individual).
Internet Protocol Addresses
You should also be aware that when you visit our Site, PrimeCare may collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with “usage data,” such as the number of visitors we receive or what pages are visited most often. This data helps us to analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide on these websites.
When you visit PrimeCare’s websites, we may send one or more “cookies”— a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets PrimeCare enhance navigation through the Site.
A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use this website -e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on this website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Your browser may use persistent cookies on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions.
A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you do not want to receive further communication from PrimeCare, you may contact us at the address or email address below.
PrimeCare uses reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard the information that has been collected from you via the Site or secured services. These measures include administrative, physical, and technical safeguards. However, you should know that no Site operator, including PrimeCare, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information, and PrimeCare cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Site or via e-mail.
Mail: PrimeCare Family Care, Inc,
Attn: Compliance Officer
9763 Courthouse Road
Spotsylvania, VA 22553
Terms & Conditions of Use
Permitted Use of the Site
The information and materials on the Site are provided for general informational purposes. You may use the Site solely for the purposes of learning about PrimeCare’s products or services. You may not use, reproduce, or distribute the text, graphics, downloads, tools, or any other content on the Site for any other purpose.
Notice- Electronic Communications
When you visit the Site or send emails to PrimeCare, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site.
PrimeCare may, at its discretion, respond to email communications by a more appropriate method (i.e., telephone call, face-to-face encounter, etc.)
You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
PrimeCare makes no warranties, express or implied, and hereby renounce any such warranties, guarantees, or representations with respect to any portion of our Site, the content herein, content distributed through email lists, social media, via webinars, or that which is made available through purchase. By use of the Site, secure services, and/or social media pages, you agree and understand that use of content and information found herein is to be used at your own risk, with no guarantees, representations, or warranties regarding fitness for particular purpose, accuracy, or otherwise.
PrimeCare’s Site and/or social media pages may feature testimonials from clients/patients from time to time, to provide readers with additional comments from others’ experiences with PrimeCare and its services. While all information, photos, and quotes used are from actual patients sharing real, honest opinions of PrimeCare, its services, and patient experience, these testimonials are not to be considered as a guarantee that current or future patients will experience the same results, or a guarantee of the same experience.
Ownership, License and Restrictions on Use of Materials
This Site is owned and operated by PrimeCare, all material contained in our websites is protected by law. All copyright, service mark and other proprietary notices must be kept intact.
Not a Substitute for Professional Health Care or Advice
The information contained in this Site is general in nature and is intended for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for the advice of health care professionals. Nothing contained on PrimeCare’s Site or social media pages is intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical condition or disease, nor is it to be considered medical advice in any capacity. If you have specific health care needs, or for complete health information, please see a doctor or other health care provider or call 911 in the case of an emergency.
Social Media Terms + Conditions
By accessing, viewing, or using any social media pages operated by PrimeCare Family Care, its subsidiaries, or its affiliates, the user indicates acceptance of the following social media Terms and Conditions and agrees to be legally bound by them:
- The information, materials, and services on PrimeCare’s social media pages are provided to the user “as is,” without any express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including any warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property. PrimeCare makes no representation or warranties as to any material or information posted on any PrimeCare social media pages or that the user’s use of content posted on, or material otherwise made available through PrimeCare’s social media pages will not infringe the rights of third parties.
- Users shall not post materials to any of PrimeCare’s social media pages that are unlawful, proprietary, fraudulent, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, or infringing on the rights of any third-party, including intellectual property, privacy/confidentiality, or publicity rights. PrimeCare does not permit any of these practices and reserves the right to immediately remove credit any content within its sole discretion.
- The materials posted to PrimeCare’s social media pages are not advice. By making the content on PrimeCare’s social media pages available to the end user, PrimeCare is not engaged in rendering any legal, medical, or other professional advice. Content on PrimeCare’s social media pages is not a substitute for the advice of health care professionals. If you have specific health care needs, or for complete health information, please see a doctor or other health care provider or call 911 in the case of an emergency.
- PrimeCare social media pages are not to be used as a communication platform to discuss protected health information.
- Users shall not post any personal or private health information or any unique identifying information on PrimeCare’s social media page. PrimeCare reserves the right to remove any social media posts that contain such information.
- Users shall not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software or otherwise violate any federal or state laws. Users shall not post advertisements or solicitations of any kind. All postings of this nature on PrimeCare social media pages may be removed.
- Content on PrimeCare’s social media pages (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, images, videos, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) posted by PrimeCare are the property of and owned by PrimeCare, our licensors, or third-party content providers, and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. Any other use of content on the Site, including, but not limited to, the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, transfer, or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material or information obtained from the Site, or use of the Site for purposes competitive to PrimeCare, is expressly prohibited.
- PrimeCare’s social media pages may contain links to other websites, some of which re operated by PrimeCare and others which are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to the user and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. PrimeCare has not necessarily reviewed all the information on these other websites and is not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other websites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked websites. Different terms and conditions may apply to the user’s use of any linked websites.
- PrimeCare reserves the right to block or otherwise prohibit any person from accessing or using PrimeCare’s social media pages for any reason whatsoever.
- Users are ultimately responsible for the content posted on PrimeCare’s social media pages, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. PrimeCare is not liable for any direct, or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from the user’s use of PrimeCare’s social media pages.
- The user agrees to defend and indemnify PrimeCare and each of our respective officers, agents, directors, shareholders, partners, licensors, service providers, and employees, from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, issued by any third party due to or arising out of your use of PrimeCare’s social media pages arising from a breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions by the user (including, without limitation, any breach of the user’s representations and warranties set forth herein).
PrimeCare does not give medical advice via its Site and/or social media sites. If you are seeking medical advice, please contact your doctor’s office or call 911 in the case of a medical emergency.
Effective Date: January 1, 2023